|Birthname||Gregory Regis Ginn|
|born on||8 June 1954 at 08:43 (= 08:43 AM )|
|Place||Tucson, Arizona, 32n13, 110w56|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°18' 20°20 Asc. 02°05'|
American guitarist, songwriter, and singer, best known for being the leader of and primary songwriter for the hardcore punk band Black Flag, which he founded and led from 1976 to 1986, and again in 2003. The band announced another reunion on 25 January 2013.
Since breaking up Black Flag, Ginn has recorded a few solo albums, and has performed with such bands as October Faction, Gone, Confront James, Mojack, and others. He also owns the Texas-based independent record label, SST, originally begun as an electronics company called Solid State Tuners when he was 12 years old and an amateur radio operator (in Hermosa Beach, California).
Ginn was 99th on Rolling Stone's list of "The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". Ginn is the older brother of artist Raymond Ginn, who goes by the pseudonym of Raymond Pettibon.
Ginn became a vegetarian at 17 years old in 1971 and has been a vegan since 1998.
- sibling relationship with Pettibon, Raymond (born 16 June 1957)
- Social : Change of Lifestyle 1998 (Became vegan)
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth notice, Arizona Daily Star (Tucson, Arizona), 10 June 1954, page 35.
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegan since 1998)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Black Flag)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar, bass guitar, theremin)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.