|Birthname||Gill, Adrian Anthony|
|born on||26 June 1954 at 19:55 (= 7:55 PM )|
|Place||Edinburgh, Scotland, 55n57, 3w13|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°37' 14°22 Asc. 09°56'|
British restaurant critic, highly conscious of style and celebrity, and known for his sharp wit and often controversial style. While dining with actress Joan Collins in 1999, he was refused service by a restaurateur whom he had offended in one of his earlier reviews.
Best known for food and travel writing, he was The Sunday Times' restaurant reviewer as well as a television critic. He also wrote for Vanity Fair, GQ and Esquire, and published numerous books. Gill wrote his first piece for Tatler in 1991, and joined The Sunday Times in 1993.
Gill suffered from severe dyslexia and consequently dictated all of his writing. He was a recovering alcoholic who drank until the age of 30.
From 1982 to 1983, Gill was married to the author Cressida Connolly. From 1990 to 1995, he was married to Amber Rudd, a financial journalist who later became a politician and the Home Secretary. The couple had two children. He then had a long-term relationship with Nicola Formby, editor-at-large of Tatler, for whom he left Rudd in 1995, and who appears in his column as "The Blonde". They had twins born in 2007.
Gill died of cancer on the morning of 10 December 2016, aged 62, in London, England.
- Relationship : Marriage 1982 (Cressida Connolly)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1983 (Cressida Connolly)
- Relationship : Marriage 1990 (Amber Rudd)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities December 1990 (Birth of daughter, Flora Evangeline)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1992 (Birth of son, Alistair)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1995 (Amber Rudd)
- Other Social 1999 (Refused admission to restaurant)
- Other Family 1999 (Disappearance of only sibing, brother Nick)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 2007 (Birth of twins, Isaac Mungo Pyramus and Edith Lara Thisbe)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2015 (Memoir, "Pour Me")
Caroline Gerard in Transit March/1999
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty (Sharp wit)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Hepatitis)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Liver/Pancreas/Spleen (Hepatitis)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Recovering alcoholic)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Dyslexia
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (Nicola Formby, 1995-2016)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Memoir, "Pour Me")
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Critic (Restaurant)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Travel, etc)