|Birthname||Doris Gibson Parra del Riego|
|born on||3 May 1910 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Lima, Peru, 12s03, 77w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°48' 02°58 Asc. 26°44'|
Peruvian magazine writer and publisher. She is most noted as the founder and editor of the Peruvian weekly newsmagazine Caretas.
She married an Argentine diplomat, Manlio Zileri. They had one child, Enrique Zileri, who also became an editor of Caretas. She had a relationship with the artist, Sérvulo Gutiérrez, for whom she was a muse as well as a lover.
Gibson Parra entered a Peruvian clinic in August 2008 for treatment of pneumonia. She died there on 23 August 2008.
Sy Scholfield submitted birth record. Wikipedia has 28 April 1910, apparently in error, no source given.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 98)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor