|Birthname||Gordon Peter Getty|
|born on||20 December 1933 at 08:48 (= 08:48 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°23' 18°28 Asc. 25°31'|
American entrepreneur and noted family, the fourth son of John Paul Getty with his fourth wife, Ann Rork.
In 1983-84 he was ranked in Forbes magazine as the wealthiest man in the U.S. but is more often identified with the arts and sciences than with business. He hopes to be remembered for his musical accomplishments.
In 1957 he spent six months in the Army. He had not realized the extent of his dad's wealth until then.
When his dad died in 1976, he took his seat on the company's Board of Directors but kept a low profile in the business world. The Getty Company is worth some $4 billion and Gordon's personal wealth was estimated at somewhere between $30 and $50 million.
Getty was more concerned with composing and singing, writing poetry and studying opera than business. He began to compose at an early age. When he set 32 of Emily Dickinson's poems to music, the set was performed December 1983. He performed as a pianist himself, and has sung with the Marin Opera Co.
Getty married Ann Gilbert on 25 December 1964 and they had four sons. He had three daughters with his mistress Cynthia Beck.
- child->parent relationship with Getty, J. Paul (born 15 December 1892)
- sibling relationship with Getty, George F. II (born 9 July 1924). Notes: Half-sibling, same father
- sibling relationship with Getty, Timothy (born 14 June 1946). Notes: Half-siblings, same father
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four sons, three daughters)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Once ranked wealthiest in U.S.)
- Vocation : Business : Banker/ Financier
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Piano)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.