Georg Wilhelm, Prince of Hanover (1915)
|Birthname||Georg Wilhelm Ernst August Friedrich Axel|
|born on||25 March 1915 at 17:20 (= 5:20 PM )|
|Place||Braunschweig, Germany, 52n16, 10e31|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°57' 23°32 Asc. 21°19'|
German prince, as the second eldest son of Ernst August III, Duke of Brunswick and his wife Princess Victoria Louise of Prussia, the only daughter of Wilhelm II, German Emperor and Augusta Viktoria of Schleswig-Holstein.
He was the brother-in-law of Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, the Duke of Edinburgh, consort of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom.
Prince Georg Wilhelm (George William) was a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and of the Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund (DOSB). From 1948 to 1959, the prince headed the Schule Schloss Salem.
On 23 April 1946 in Salem, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, Prince George William married Princess Sophie of Greece and Denmark, daughter of Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark and Princess Alice of Battenberg, and the widow of Prince Christoph of Hesse. Together they had three children.
He died on 8 January 2006, aged 90, in Munich.
- child->parent relationship with Ernst August, Duke of Brunswick (born 17 November 1887)
- child->parent relationship with Viktoria Luise, Princess of Prussia (born 13 September 1892)
- spouse relationship with Sophie, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 26 June 1914). Notes: 1946-2001
- sibling relationship with Ernst August, Prince of Hanover (1914) (born 18 March 1914)
- sibling relationship with Friederike, Queen Consort of Greece (born 18 April 1917)
- Relationship : Marriage 23 April 1946 (Sophie, Princess of Greece and Denmark)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield provided news report from Börsen-Halle, 26 March 1915, p. 2: "Braunschweig. 25. März. Die Herzogin wurde heute nachmittag um 5 Uhr 20 Min. von einem Sohn entbunden. Das Befinden der Herzogin, und des neugeborenen Prinzen ist gut."
(Braunschweig. 25th March. The Duchess was delivered this afternoon at 5:20 o'clock of a son. The Duchess and the newborn prince are in good health).
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 90)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hanover, Germany)