Georg, Prince of Hesse-Darmstadt
|born on||25 April 1669 (greg.) at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Darmstadt, Germany, 49n53, 8e40|
|Timezone||LMT m8e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||05°30' 02°00 Asc. 04°19'|
Prince of Hessen-Darmstadt and a Field Marshal in the Austrian army. He is known for his career in Habsburg Spain, as Viceroy of Catalonia (1698–1701), head of the Austrian army in the War of Spanish Succession (1701–1705) and governor of Gibraltar in 1704. He was known in Spanish as Jorge de Darmstadt and in Catalan as Jordi Darmstadt.
He died on 13 September 1705, aged 36, in Barcelona, Spain.
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth Dorothea of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 8 January 1640 Jul.Cal. (18 Jan 1640 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Auguste Magdalene of Hessen-Darmstadt (born 6 March 1657 (greg.)). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Dorothea, Princess of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 24 April 1676 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ernst Ludwig, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 15 December 1667 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Friedrich, Prince of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 18 September 1677 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 29 September 1674 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Marie Elisabeth, Duchess of Saxe-Römhild (born 11 March 1656 (greg.)). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Philipp, Prince of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 20 July 1671 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Historisch-genealogisches Handbuch über alle Linien des hohen Regentenhauses Hessen" by Jacob Christoph Carl Hoffmeister (Scheel, 1861), p. 142: "Georg, geb. den 25 April 1669, Morgens um 8 Uhr."
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hesse)