Garza Gutiérrez, Rafael
|born on||9 January 1903 at 23:30 (= 11:30 PM )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||LMT m99w09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||18°50' 01°42 Asc. 10°29'|
Mexican football (soccer) player and coach, recognized as a co-founder of Club América along with other members of the Garza family. He was a defender for that club from 1916 to 1932, as well as for the Selección de fútbol de México (Mexico national team) from 1923 to 1930. He was on the football team sent by Mexico to compete at the 1928 Summer Olympics in Amsterdam. Upon retiring, he took the reins of his beloved club as an executive and later served as the national team manager on four separate occasions (1934, 1937–1938, 1949). He died on 3 July 1974, aged 71, in Mexico City.
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Federal District archives. Wikipedia has various other dates apparently in error.
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 1.75 m/ 5 ft 9 in)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Sports : Soccer (Eur.Football) (Defender)
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Soccer team coach)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (National soccer team player)