|Birthname||Eileen Evelyn Greer Garson Fogelson|
|born on||29 September 1904 at 04:45 (= 04:45 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°36' 25°11 Asc. 21°58'|
Anglo-American actress who was very popular during the Second World War, being listed by the Motion Picture Herald as one of America's top-ten box office draws from 1942 to 1946. As one of the major stars at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer during the 1940s, Garson received seven Academy Award nominations, including a record five consecutive nominations, winning the Best Actress award for "Mrs. Miniver" (1942).
Garson was married three times. Her first marriage, on 28 September 1933, was to Edward Alec Abbot Snelson (1904–1992), later Sir Edward, a British civil servant who became a noted judge and expert in Indian affairs. She lived with him briefly in Nagpur, a small town in central India. The actual marriage reportedly lasted only a few weeks, but it was not formally dissolved until 1943. Her second husband, whom she married (at age 39) on 24 July 1943, was Richard Ney (1916–2004), the younger actor (27 years old) who played her son in Mrs. Miniver. They divorced in 1947. In 1949, Garson married a millionaire Texas oilman and horse breeder, E.E. "Buddy" Fogelson (1900–1987). In 1967, the couple retired to their "Forked Lightning Ranch" in New Mexico.
In her final years, Garson occupied a penthouse suite at the Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, Texas, where she died from heart failure on 6 April 1996, at the age of 91.
- Work : Prize 1942 (Academy Award for Best Actress)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1943 (Edward Alec Abbot Snelson)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1947 (Richard Ney)
- Relationship : Marriage 1949 (E.E. "Buddy" Fogelson)
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file quotes Penfield for 29 September 1903, 4:45am, Dublin, Ireland.
Sy Scholfield cites birth certificate for same date but 1904 in London as quoted in "A Rose for Mrs. Miniver: The Life of Greer Garson" by Michael Troyan (University Press of Kentucky, 2010), p. 8 (no time given). Same year in the England and Wales birth index, registered in the Oct-Dec quarter of 1904.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 91)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Best Actress)