|Birthname||Wendell Douglas Garrett|
|born on||9 October 1929 at 12:25 (= 12:25 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°03' 06°14 Asc. 08°24'|
American historian, he was an expert on Americana and American-origin decorative arts, a book author, and the editor of The Magazine Antiques from 1972 to 1990. Garrett also served as the senior vice president in the American Decorative Arts department at Sotheby's from 1989 until March 2009.
Wendell Garrett appeared as an appraiser in every season of the American version of the Antiques Roadshow TV series, beginning with its debut season in 1997, through filming of the 2013 season during the Summer of 2012.
In the last month of his life Garrett moved from his apartment in Manhattan, New York to a hospice in Williston, Vermont due to declining health. He died at the hospice on 14 November 2012 at the age of 83.
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (BS, MA)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality ("Antiques Roadshow," USA, 1997-2012)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Historian
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction