García Bustos, Arturo
|Birthname||Leonardo Arturo García Bustos|
|born on||8 August 1926 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°11' 14°36 Asc. 17°46'|
Mexican painter and printmaker known as one of “Los Fridos” students who studied under Frida Kahlo at her home in Coyoacán. In 1943 he entered the Escuela de Pintura y Escultura ("La Esmeralda") where his teachers were Kahlo, Feliciano Peña, Agustín Lazo and María Izquierdo, studying there for five years. During his career he studied printmaking as well, including courses in printmaking with Korean artist Wan Jon Ja in Pyongyang and Chinese printing in Beijing in 1957.
García Bustos’ social life when he was younger revolved around the circles of Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo, even meeting his wife, Rina Lazo through the famous couple. He married her in 1949. The couple were happily married for over 60 years until Arturo died in Mexico City on 7 April 2017 at age 90. The couple’s only daughter, Rina García Lazo, is an architect specializing in the restoration of monuments.
- associate relationship with Rivera, Diego (born 8 December 1886)
- spouse relationship with Lazo, Rina (born 30 October 1923). Notes: 1949-2017
- (has as) teacher relationship with Kahlo, Frida (born 6 July 1907)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Lazo Adalid, Agustín (born 14 March 1896)
- Relationship : Marriage 1949 (Rina Lazo)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Distrito Federal archives.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (67 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 90)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter and printmaker)