Gabriel, Infante of Spain
|Birthname||Gabriel Antonio Francisco Javier ....|
|born on||11 May 1752 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Naples, Italy, 40n51, 14e17|
|Timezone||LMT m14e17 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°09' 21°26 Asc. 27°47'|
Prince of Naples and Sicily, as the fourth son of King Carlos III and Maria Amalia of Saxony. His father was the King of Naples and Sicily as part of a personal union from 1735.
Of all the sons of Carlos III, Gabriel was the most intelligent and hardworking. He was very cultured, renowned as an excellent translator of Sallust and a true Maecenas.
He married Infanta Maria Ana Vitória of Portugal by proxy on 12 April 1785 in Lisbon; they met for the first time at Aranjuez on 23 May. The couple had three children but only one survived infancy.
He died of smallpox on 23 November 1788, aged 36, in Casita del Infante, El Escorial, Spain.
Full name: Gabriel Antonio Francisco Javier Juan Nepomuceno José Serafín Pascual Salvador.
- parent->child relationship with Pedro Carlos, Infante of Spain and Portugal (born 18 June 1786)
- child->parent relationship with Carlos III, King of Spain (born 20 January 1716)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Amalia, Queen Consort of Spain (born 24 November 1724)
- spouse relationship with Mariana Vitória, Infanta of Portugal (born 15 December 1768). Notes: 1785-1788
- sibling relationship with Carlos IV, King of Spain (born 11 November 1748)
- sibling relationship with Felipe, Duke of Calabria (born 13 June 1747)
- sibling relationship with Ferdinando I, King of the Two Sicilies (born 12 January 1751)
- sibling relationship with Maria Luisa, Holy Roman Empress (born 24 November 1745)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 7 June 1752, p. 2: "Aus Italien. Neapel 16. May. Donnerstag den 11. dieses um halb 3. Uhr Abends wurde Ihro Majestät unsere Königin mit dem vierten Prinzen zu Portici glücklich, und war so geschwind entbunden." (From Italy. Naples, 16 May. On the 11th at half-before three [2:30] o'clock in the evening, our Majesty was happily and quickly delivered of a fourth prince at Portici).
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Smallpox)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bourbon)