|Birthname||Diana Jean Gabaldon|
|born on||11 January 1952 at 18:03 (= 6:03 PM )|
|Place||Williams, Arizona, 35n15, 112w11|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°46' 19°02 Asc. 27°27'|
American author, known for the Outlander series of novels, comprised of eight published books as of 2014. A television adaptation of the Outlander novels premiered on Starz in 2014. The Lord John series is a spin-off from the Outlander books, centering on a secondary character from the original series. By 2012 her novels had been published in 27 countries and 24 languages.
Gabaldon grew up in Flagstaff, Arizona. She earned a master of science in marine biology from the University of California, San Diego, and a PhD in behavioral ecology from Northern Arizona University, 1975–1978. Gabaldon lives in Scottsdale, Arizona with her husband Doug Watkins, with whom she has three adult children.
The Outlander series focuses on 20th-century nurse Claire Randall, who time travels to 18th-century Scotland and finds adventure and romance with the dashing James Fraser. Set in Scotland, France, the West Indies, England and North America, the novels merge multiple genres, featuring elements of historical fiction, romance, mystery, adventure and science fiction/fantasy.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1991 ("Outlander," sold 25 million copies)
Kelly Surtees pointed to a Facebook entry "on the date of my birth, January 11, 1952. My family lived in Flagstaff, but the family doctor had been having a difference of opinion with the hospital board, and had moved his practice to the Williams Hospital. So, when my mother went into labor early in the morning, my twenty-one-year-old parents were obliged drive thirty miles over a two-lane ice-slick road, through the teeth of a driving blizzard, in order to get to the doctor. When I was finally born, just at dark, .."
The expression 'just at dark' is vague. It gets dark only a certain time after sunset, which was at 5:29 pm in Williams AZ on that date. Assuming 'civil dusk' when the Sun is 6° under the horizon gives 6:03 pm as approximate time of birth, possible significantly later, when it was really dark.
Many sources give Scottsdale, AZ as place of birth, which is obviously not correct. Scottsdale is 200 miles south.
Sy Scholfield found birth notice stating she was born at Williams Community Hospital on 11 January, no time given (Arizona Daily Sun, Flagstaff, 14 January 1952, page 3). Her full name is given in the Arizona Daily Sun, 28 January 1952, page 1.
- Traits : Body : Race (English, Mexican)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (MSc in marine biology, PhD in behavioral ecology)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novels and short stories)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Journal editor)
- Vocation : Writers : Sci-Fi/ Fantasy/ Horror ("Outlander" and "Lord John" series)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Science and technology)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Best-selling author)