|born on||22 October 1942 at 22:10 (= 10:10 PM )|
|Place||Utica, New York, 43n06, 75w14|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||29°03' 16°11 Asc. 10°38'|
American actress, the most famous of the "Mickey Mouse Club" Mouseketeers of the late '50s. She appeared in many Disney films and in guest appearances on the studio's "Zorro" TV series. In the '60s she was paired with Frankie Avalon in a string of teen "beach movies."
After about a decade of obscurity, Funicello emerged in the late '70s in roles of '50s and '60s nostalgia. "Back To The Beach" was the first flick in 20 years for her and Avalon together, 1987.
Disney discovered her when she danced in a school pageant in 1955. She had an early affair with moody Paul Anka. In her 20s, she married her manager, Jack Gilardi, 1965, with whom she had three kids. She made a second marriage to horse trainer Glen Hold and they had three kids.
Funicello's finest role has been that of courage and dignity with which she has handled a disability, multiple sclerosis, that had gradually deteriorated her physically. She has appeared in a TV special in a wheel chair, and has always been gracious and helpful in highlighting benefits for those with MS.
Her autobiography was written with Patricia Romanowski, "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes."
On April 8, 2013, Funicello died at Mercy Southwest Hospital in Bakersfield, California, at the age of 70, from complications due to her multiple sclerosis.
- (has as) teacher relationship with Hennesy, Tom (born 4 August 1923)
- role played of/by LaRue, Eva (born 27 December 1966). Notes: "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes," 1995
- Social : Change of Lifestyle 1955 (Discovered, put in TV)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 21 October 1974 at 12:00 noon in Burbank, CA (Son Jason born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Job 1987 (Out of retirement for a Beach Movie)
LMR vouches for B.C. from a trusted anonymous source 4/1995
- Traits : Body : Hair (Black)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Multiple Sclerosis (Gradual deterioration, disabled)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Has a line of teddy bears, 1998)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut at 12)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Mickey Mouse Club)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women