Friedrich II, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg
|born on||28 July 1676 Jul.Cal. (7 Aug 1676 greg.) at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Gotha, Germany, 50n57, 10e41|
|Timezone||LMT m10e41 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°48' 24°22 Asc. 14°46'|
German nobleman, a duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg. He was the fifth child and first son of Friedrich I, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg and Magdalene Sibylle of Saxe-Weissenfels. After the death of his father, in 1691, Friedrich/Frederick II assumed the duchy of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg. On 7 June 1696, he married his first cousin, Magdalena Augusta of Anhalt-Zerbst. They had nineteen children. He died 23 March 1732.
- parent->child relationship with Friederike of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 17 July 1715)
- parent->child relationship with Johann Adolf, Prince of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 18 May 1721)
- parent->child relationship with Wilhelm, Prince of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 12 March 1701)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich I, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 15 July 1646 Jul.Cal. (25 July 1646 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Dorothea Maria, Duchess of Saxe-Meiningen (born 22 January 1674 Jul.Cal. (1 Feb 1674 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Friederike, Princess of Anhalt-Zerbst (born 24 March 1675 Jul.Cal. (3 Apr 1675 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Johann Wilhelm, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 4 October 1677 Jul.Cal. (14 Oct 1677 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Beiträge zum StaatsRecht und der Geschichte von Sachsen: Aus ungedruckten Quellen, Volume 2" by Bernhard Gottlieb Huldreich von Hellfeld and Ludwig Karl von Hellfeld (Wittekindt, 1788), p. 359: "gebohren worden, Freitags, den 28. Julii Anno 1676. abends furß nach 6. Uhren."
Translation: born, Friday, 28 July 1676 in the evening after 6 o'clock.
Note: 28 July 1676 OS was a Friday.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg)