Friedrich I, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach
|born on||2 May 1460 Jul.Cal. (11 May 1460 greg.) at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Ansbach, Germany, 49n17, 10e34|
|Timezone||LMT m10e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||20°43' 16°03 Asc. 11°29'|
German nobleman, as the eldest son of Albrecht III, Margrave of Brandenburg by his second wife Anna, daughter of Friedrich II, Elector of Saxony. His elder half-brother was the Elector Johann Cicero of Brandenburg. Friedrich succeeded his father as Margrave of Ansbach in 1486 and his younger brother as Margrave of Bayreuth in 1495.
On 14 February 1479 at Frankfurt (Oder) he was married to Sophia of Poland (6 April 1464 – 5 October 1512), daughter of King Casimir IV of Poland by his wife Elisabeth of Habsburg, and sister of King Sigismund I of Poland. They had seventeen children.
He died on 4 April 1536, aged 75, in Ansbach.
- parent->child relationship with Albert of Prussia (born 17 May 1490 Jul.Cal. (26 May 1490 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Anna von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 5 May 1487 Jul.Cal. (14 May 1487 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Barbara von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 24 September 1495 Jul.Cal. (3 Oct 1495 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Elisabeth von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 26 March 1494 Jul.Cal. (4 Apr 1494 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Georg der Fromme (born 4 March 1484 Jul.Cal. (13 Mar 1484 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Johann von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 9 January 1493 Jul.Cal. (18 Jan 1493 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Kasimir von Brandenburg-Kulmbach (born 27 September 1481 Jul.Cal. (6 Oct 1481 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Sophie von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 10 March 1485 Jul.Cal. (19 Mar 1485 greg.))
- has other family relationship with Sigismund I the Old, King of Poland (born 2 January 1467 (greg.)). Notes: Brothers-in-law
- Relationship : Marriage 14 February 1479 Jul.Cal. (23 Feb 1479 greg.) (Sophia of Poland)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from ANTIQUITATES ET MEMORABILIA NORDGRAVIAE VETERIS by Johann Heinrichs von Falckenstein (1743), p. 290: "Anno 1460, den 2. May, um 1. Uhr Nach=mittag das Licht der Welt." Wikipedia has 8 May, no source given.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seventeen)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern)