Friedrich August III, King of Saxony
|Birthname||Friedrich August Johann Ludwig Karl Gustav Gregor|
|born on||25 May 1865 at 20:30 (= 8:30 PM )|
|Place||Dresden, Germany, 51n03, 13e44|
|Timezone||LMT m13e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°32' 16°03 Asc. 12°00'|
German royalty, the last King of Saxony (1904–1918). Frederick Augustus was the first son of King George and his wife, Maria Anna of Portugal.
Frederick Augustus served in the Royal Saxon Army before becoming king, and later was promoted to Generalfeldmarschall.
He married Archduchess Luise, Princess of Tuscany, in Vienna on 21 November 1891. They had seven children.
Though well-loved by his subjects, he voluntarily abdicated as king on 13 November 1918, after the defeat of the German Empire in World War I. He died on 18 February 1932 in Sibyllenort (now Szczodre) in Lower Silesia and was buried in Dresden.
- friend relationship with Renn, Ludwig (born 22 April 1889)
- parent->child relationship with Anna, Princess of Saxony (born 4 May 1903)
- parent->child relationship with Ernst Heinrich, Prince of Saxony (born 9 December 1896)
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich Christian, Margrave of Meissen (born 31 December 1893)
- parent->child relationship with Georg, Prince of Saxony (born 15 January 1893)
- child->parent relationship with Georg, King of Saxony (born 8 August 1832)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Anna, Princess of Saxony (born 21 July 1843)
- spouse relationship with Luise, Archduchess of Austria (born 2 September 1870). Notes: 1891-1903
- sibling relationship with Johann Georg, Prince of Saxony (born 10 July 1869)
- sibling relationship with Maria Josepha, Princess of Saxony (born 31 May 1867)
- sibling relationship with Mathilde, Princess of Saxony (born 19 March 1863)
- sibling relationship with Maximilian, Prince of Saxony (born 17 November 1870)
- has other family relationship with Friedrich, Prince of Hohenzollern (born 30 August 1891). Notes: Father-in-law/ son-in-law, 1920-1932
Sy Scholfield quotes "Friedrich August III., Sachsens volkstümlichster König: ein Bild seines Lebens und seiner Zeit" by Friedrich Kracke (Studiengruppe für Sächsische Geschichte und Kultur; [Kommissionverlag: Ilmgau Verlag, Pfaffenhofen/Ilm], 1964), p. 25: "Am 25. Mai 1865 wurde er dann geboren und erhielt in der heiligen Taufe die Namen Friedrich August Johann Ludwig Karl Gustav Gregor Philipp. Sein Geburtstag fiel in diesem Jahre auf den Himmelfahrtstag. Es war abends ein halb neun Uhr, als der Prinz und künftige König das Licht der Welt erblickte, und zwar in dem Königlichen Palais auf der Langgasse (dem späteren Zinzendorf- palais)"
[Translation: "On May 25, 1865, he was born and received in Holy Baptism by the name Friedrich August Johann Ludwig Karl Gustav Gregor Philipp .... It was in the evening at half past eight o'clock when the prince and future king saw the light of day, namely in the Royal Palace on long Street (later Zinzendorf-palais)"
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wettin)