Friedrich August II, Grand Duke of Oldenburg
|born on||16 November 1852 at 09:30 (= 09:30 AM )|
|Place||Oldenburg, Germany, 53n08, 8e13|
|Timezone||LMT m8e13 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°13' 27°23 Asc. 15°29'|
Prussian General of Cavalry and the last ruling Grand Duke of Oldenburg. He was the son of Peter II, Grand Duke of Oldenburg and Princess Elisabeth of Saxe-Altenburg. His reign began on 13 June 1900, when his father died, and came to an end on 11 November 1918, shortly before the German monarchy was abolished on 28 November 1918.
On 18 February 1878, he married Princess Elisabeth Anna of Prussia, daughter of Princess Maria Anna of Anhalt-Dessau and Prince Friedrich Karl of Prussia. They had two children. Elisabeth died on 28 August 1895. On 24 October 1896, he married Elisabeth Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. They had five children.
He died on 24 February 1931, aged 78, in Rastede.
- parent->child relationship with Altburg, Duchess of Oldenburg (born 19 May 1903)
- parent->child relationship with Nikolaus, Hereditary Grand Duke of Oldenburg (born 10 August 1897)
- parent->child relationship with Sophie Charlotte, Duchess of Oldenburg (born 2 February 1879)
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth, Grand Duchess of Oldenburg (born 26 March 1826)
- child->parent relationship with Peter II, Grand Duke of Oldenburg (born 8 July 1827)
- spouse relationship with Elisabeth Alexandrine, Duchess of Mecklenburg (born 10 August 1869). Notes: 1896-1931
- spouse relationship with Elisabeth Anna, Princess of Prussia (born 8 February 1857). Notes: 1878-1895
- sibling relationship with Georg Ludwig, Duke of Oldenburg (born 27 June 1855)
- Relationship : Marriage 18 February 1878 (Princess Elisabeth Anna of Prussia)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 24 October 1896 (Princess Elisabeth Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Leipziger Zeitung Jahresübersicht 1852," p. 5529 (19 Nov. 1852, p. 3): "Oldenburg. Oldenburg, 16. Nov. Heute Vormittags 9½ Uhr ward I. k. H. die Erbgroßherzogin von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden. Man erwartet die Ankunft der Königin von Hannover. (W.-Z)" (Oldenburg. Oldenburg, Nov. 16. This morning at 9:30 am the hereditary grand duchess was happily delivered of a prince. One awaits the arrival of the Queen of Hanover. (W[iener].-Z[eitung])).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Holstein-Gottorp)