Friedrich, Prince of Hesse-Darmstadt
|born on||18 September 1677 (greg.) at 07:45 (= 07:45 AM )|
|Place||Darmstadt, Germany, 49n53, 8e40|
|Timezone||LMT m8e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||25°51' 19°33 Asc. 17°14'|
Prince of Hesse-Darmstadt and Russian General.
Friedrich was the youngest son of Landgrave Ludwig VI of Hesse-Darmstadt (1630-1678) and Elisabeth Dorothea of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (1640-1709). He entered military service in Rome in 1697, like his three older brothers Georg, Philipp and Heinrich, against the wishes of his mother, a zealous Protestant. Later he entered Russian service under Peter the Great and was appointed Lieutenant-General of the cavalry. He participated, along with Peter, in the battle of Lesnaya against the Swedes, where he was mortally wounded during a musket exchange. Friedrich was brought to Chavusy in order to recover but died there on 18 October 1708, four days after Lesnaya.
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth Dorothea of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 8 January 1640 Jul.Cal. (18 Jan 1640 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Auguste Magdalene of Hessen-Darmstadt (born 6 March 1657 (greg.)). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Dorothea, Princess of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 24 April 1676 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ernst Ludwig, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 15 December 1667 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg, Prince of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 25 April 1669 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 29 September 1674 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Marie Elisabeth, Duchess of Saxe-Römhild (born 11 March 1656 (greg.)). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Philipp, Prince of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 20 July 1671 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Historisch-genealogisches Handbuch über alle Linien des hohen Regentenhauses Hessen" by Jacob Christoph Carl Hoffmeister (Scheel, 1861), p. 145: "Friedrich, geb. den 18. Sept. 1677, kurz vor 8 Uhr Morgens." (Friedrich, born 18 Sept. 1677, shortly before eight o'clock in the morning).
- Vocation : Military : Killed
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Vocation : Military : Wounded
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hesse-Darmstadt)