Friederike Luise, Queen Consort of Prussia
|born on||16 October 1751 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Prenzlau, Germany, 53n19, 13e52|
|Timezone||LMT m13e52 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||23°09' 26°11 Asc. 24°32'|
Princess of Hesse-Darmstadt by birth, and Queen consort of Prussia as the second wife of King Friedrich Wilhelm II.
She was the daughter of Ludwig IX, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt, and Caroline of Zweibrücken. She was the sister of Grand Duchess Luise of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, as well as Grand Duke Ludwig I of Hesse.
She and Friedrich Wilhelm were married on 14 July 1769 at Charlottenburg Palace, immediately after his divorce from Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick-Lüneburg. Friedrich Wilhelm called her his "Hessische Lieschen", or "Hessian Lizzie". The marriage produced eight children.
She became queen of Prussia upon her husband's accession to the throne in 1786, and kept her position for eleven years. The marriage was not happy, and Friedrich had numerous lovers, most notably Wilhelmine von Lichtenau, with whom he had a relationship from the same year he married Friederike Luise until his death. In 1787, her spouse committed bigamy by marrying her lady-in-waiting Julie von Voß, and in 1790, he committed bigamy again by marrying her lady-in-waiting Sophie von Dönhoff.
She died in Berlin on 25 February 1805, aged 53, having suffered a stroke.
- parent->child relationship with Auguste, Princess of Prussia (born 1 May 1780)
- parent->child relationship with Christine, Princess of Prussia (born 31 August 1772)
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia (born 3 August 1770)
- parent->child relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Prussia (1781) (born 30 December 1781)
- parent->child relationship with Louis, Prince of Prussia (born 5 November 1773)
- parent->child relationship with Wilhelmine of Prussia, Queen of the Netherlands (born 18 November 1774)
- child->parent relationship with Ludwig IX, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 15 December 1719)
- spouse relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm II, King of Prussia (born 25 September 1744). Notes: 1769-1797
- sibling relationship with Amalie, Princess of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 20 June 1754)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig I, Grand Duke of Hesse (born 14 June 1753)
- sibling relationship with Natalia Alexeievna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 25 June 1755)
- has other family relationship with Friederike Charlotte, Princess of Prussia (born 7 May 1767). Notes: Stepmother/ stepdaughter
- Social : Great Publicity 1786 (Became Queen of Prussia)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 13 Nov. 1751, pp. 5-6: "Berlin 26. Octob. .... Aus Prenzlow wird folgendes gemelvet: Et war den 16ten des jetzgen Monats Oktobers, des Abends um 10. Uhr, als Ihro Hochfürstl. Durchleucht die Frau Erb.Prinzessin von Hessen Darmstadt, zur Freude des Hochfürstl. Hauses, und zum seltenen Glück unsererStadt, von einer jungen Prinzeßin entbunden wurden." (Berlin, 26 October. ... From Prenzlow the following is reported: On the 16th of the month of October, in the evening at 10 o'clock, The Princess of Hesse-Darmstadt, to the rare fortune of our city, was delivered of a young princess).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Eight)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hesse-Darmstadt, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern, by marriage)