Frederik VI, King of Denmark
|born on||28 January 1768 at 22:30 (= 10:30 PM )|
|Place||Copenhagen, Denmark, 55n40, 12e35|
|Timezone||LMT m12e35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°36' 09°22 Asc. 10°06'|
Scandinavian royalty, King of Denmark from 13 March 1808 to 3 December 1839 and King of Norway from 13 March 1808 to 7 February 1814. From 1784 until his accession, he served as regent during his father's mental illness and was referred to as the "Crown Prince Regent" (kronprinsregent).
Frederick belonged to the House of Oldenburg and was the only son of Christian VII and Caroline Matilda of Great Britain.
In Gottorp on 31 July 1790 he married his first-cousin Marie Sophie of Hesse-Kassel, a member of a German family with close marriage links with the royal families of both Denmark and Great Britain. They had eight children. The youngest of them, Princess Wilhelmine, became the wife of the future Frederick VII of Denmark. None of Frederick VI's sons survived infancy, however, and when he died, he was succeeded by his cousin Christian.
Frederik VI died at the age of 71, on 3 December 1839 at Amalienborg Palace. The Royal Frederick University in Oslo was named in his honour.
- parent->child relationship with Caroline, Princess of Denmark (born 28 October 1793)
- parent->child relationship with Vilhelmine Marie, Princess of Denmark (born 18 January 1808)
- child->parent relationship with Caroline Matilda, Queen of Denmark and Norway (born 11 July 1751 Jul.Cal. (22 July 1751 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Christian VII, King of Denmark (born 29 January 1749)
- spouse relationship with Marie, Queen of Denmark and Norway (born 28 October 1767). Notes: 1790-1839
- sibling relationship with Louise Auguste, Princess of Denmark (born 7 July 1771). Notes: Half-sibling
Sy Scholfield quotes "between 10 and 11 at night" from church records: "Anno 1768 d. 28 januar blev Hendes Kongelige Majestæt vores Allernaadigste Dronning Caroline Mathilde forlöst med en ung Printz paa Christiansborg Slot om Aftenen imellem 10 og 11 slet, som den 30 januar om Eftermiddagen imellem 3 og 4 slet af hr. Biscop Harboe blev döbt og kaldet Friderich. Fadderne var hans Kongel. Majestæt Kong Christian den 7.de, hendes Kongelige Majestæt Dronning Juliane Maria, som holdt hans kongelige Höyhed over daaben og hans kongelige Höyhed Printz Friderich." http://www.historie-online.dk/special/daab/kirkeboeger.htm
Scholfield also quotes 10pm from "Foreign Affairs," London magazine, or, Gentleman's monthly intelligencer, February 1768, p. 119: "Copenhagen, Jan. 29. Last night, about ten o'clock, the queen of Denmark was safely delivered of a prince."
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Oldenburg)