|Birthname||Dorothy Adell Reider|
|born on||16 July 1922 at 10:25 (= 10:25 AM )|
|Place||Long Beach, California, 33n46, 118w11|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°24' 18°28 Asc. 01°35'|
American underwater diving pioneer, designer, and dive shop owner, whose life is chronicled in her 2019 autobiography, Trailblazer: The Extraordinary Life of Diving Pioneer, Dottie Frazier. She was the first female scuba instructor and the first female dive shop owner.
Frazier began teaching freediving in the 1940s. In 1955, Frazier became a certified scuba instructor and was the first woman in the United States to do so. She also created some of the first wetsuit patterns for women. The suits were developed under the name Penguin Suits in conjunction with Frazier's dive shop, Penguin Dive Shop. Penguin was the first female-owned dive shop. After the birth of her third son, Frazier founded Aqua Families, a club of divers who dove with their children.
Frazier was inducted into the Women Divers Hall of Fame in 2000. In 2019, Frazier was awarded the Historical Diving Society's Diving Pioneer Award.
Frazier had four sons and was married three times. She died in Long Beach at 9:15 AM on 8 February 2022 at the age of 99.
- associate relationship with Nature: Long Beach Earthquake 1933 (born 10 March 1933). Notes: Injured
- Work : Prize 2000 (Women Divers Hall of Fame)
- Work : Prize 2019 (Historical Diving Society's Diving Pioneer Award)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2019 (Autobiography, "Trailblazer")
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
Time of death from online obituary .
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four sons)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Club of divers)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 99)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Dive shop)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Sales (Dive shop)
- Vocation : Sports : Water sports (Freediver)
- Vocation : Sports Business : Personal Trainer (Scuba instructor)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Trailblazer")
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Women Divers)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Historical Diving Society's Diving Pioneer Award)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (Underwater diving pioneer)