Francisco, Duke of Beja
|Birthname||Francisco Xavier José António Bento Urbano|
|born on||25 May 1691 (greg.) at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Lisbon, Portugal, 38n43, 9w08|
|Timezone||LMT m9w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°59' 00°13 Asc. 10°07'|
Portuguese infante (prince), a son of Peter II, King of Portugal, and his second wife, Maria Sofia of the Palatinate. He died unmarried and without legitimate issue (in spite of two illegitimate children from the nun Mariana da Silveira) on 21 July 1742.
- sibling relationship with António, Infante of Portugal (born 15 March 1695 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Francisca Josefa, Infanta of Portugal (born 30 January 1699 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Infante Manuel, Count of Ourém (born 3 August 1697 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Isabel Luísa, Princess of Beira (born 6 January 1669 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with João V, King of Portugal (born 22 October 1689 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with João, Prince of Brazil (born 30 August 1668 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Elementos para a historia do municipio de Lisboa, Volume 9" by Eduardo Freire de Oliveira and A. Esteves Rodrigues da Silva (Typographia universal, 1898), p. 228: "O infante D. Francisco, terceiro filho do consorcio de D. Pedro n com D. Maria Sophia de Neubourg, nasceu em Lisboa, no palacio do Corte Real, das 3 para as 4 horas da madrugada do dia 25 de maio de 1691."
Translation: Prince Francisco, third son of Sophia Maria of Neuburg, consort of Pedro II, was born in Lisbon, in the palace of the Royal Court, between three and four o'clock in the dawn of 25 May 1691.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza)