|Birthname||John or Jacob Lincoln Freund|
|born on||29 January 1918|
|Place||Penns Grove, New Jersey, 39n44, 75w28|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
American stage, film and television actor, producer, narrator, drama teacher and philanthropist whose career spanned six decades. He also appeared as a guest on several talk and variety shows and as a panelist on numerous game shows.
His 60-year acting career began in films in 1943. He signed up with Warner Bros. at age 25 as a minor contract player, but he starred in The Captive City (1952) and co-starred opposite Loretta Young in It Happens Every Thursday (1953), Edmund Gwenn and Shirley MacLaine in The Trouble With Harry (1955), and Olivia De Havilland in The Ambassador's Daughter (1956).
Forsythe also enjoyed a long successful television career, starring in three series, spanning four decades and three genres: as the single playboy father Bentley Gregg in the sitcom Bachelor Father (1957–1962), as the unseen millionaire Charles Townsend in the crime drama Charlie's Angels (1976–1981)—a role he would reprise in the 2000 and 2003 film adaptations—and as patriarch Blake Carrington in Dynasty (1981–1989). He hosted the series World of Survival (1971–1977), and was also the presenter of the 38th Miss Universe Pageant, broadcast on CBS in 1989.
Forsythe married three times and had three children. He was treated for colorectal cancer in the fall of 2006. Surgery was reportedly successful and his cancer was considered to be in remission at the time of his death on 1 April 2010 from pneumonia in Santa Ynez, California, at age 92.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Charlie's Angels (born 22 September 1976). Notes: Voiced Charles Townsend, 1976-1981
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Dynasty (born 12 January 1981). Notes: Played Blake Carrington, 1981-1989
"New York, New York, Index to Marriage Licenses, 1908-1910, 1938-1940", Ancestry.com: "Name: John L. Freund; Other: G. Sandio; Birth: 29 Jan 1918 Penn Grove N.J.; Marriage: 19 Jun 1939 New York, New York."
"U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014", Ancestry.com: "Name: John Lincoln Forsythe; Birth: 29 Jan 1918; Death: 1 Apr 2010."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Pneumonia)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 92)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Drama)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Theatre actor)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Narrator)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer