|born on||8 January 1896 at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||Titusville, USA, 28n37, 80w48|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°57' 01°28 Asc. 06°19'|
American clairvoyant and medium, the most amazing exemplar of his era, sought by the rich and famous for readings. He was an ordained minister at 25 for five years. After seeing visions and hearing voices, he lectured with clairvoyant demonstrations and
leaving the ministry, became a spiritualist pastor.
Ford married twice, in 1922 and in 1937.
An alcoholic, he died of heart disease 1/04/1971 in Miami, FL.
- Relationship : Marriage 1922 (First marriage)
- Relationship : Marriage 1937 (Second marriage)
Howard Hammitt quotes Allen Spraggett, "Arthur Ford, The Man Who Talked With The Dead," 1973, p.16, verified by Rodden. The biography gives 1897, however the death certificate obtained by Tom Csere gives 1896, as does Patricia Hayes, Ford's secretary for his final four years, and by Rev. Paul L. Higgins, co-founder of Ford's organization. His own autobiography, "Nothing So Strange," lists January 8ths and several paragraphs later speaks of the year as 1896.
In the introduction by Jerome Ellison, Ph.D., page 8, of his autobiography, "The Life Beyond Death," "Arthur Ford was born in the little Florida town of Titusville . . . . 1896." On the flyleaf of the same book it states, "Ford was born in Florida in 1896 and died there on 1/04/1971, just four days short of his seventy-fifth birthday."
In "Unknown but Known," in his own words, page 10, "I had no experiences to put down as "psychic" until I was 22 years old . . . . joined the army and was sent to Camp Grant. It was there that my first major psychic experience came, during the peak of the 1918 influenza epidemic." (Age 22 in 1918 = 1896.)
(Zip Dobyns quotes him for January 8, 1897, 8:30 AM CST, Bellwood, FL in her book, "Expanding Astrology's Universe," 1983, "He said that a horoscope had been published as his but it was for the wrong year.")
- Traits : Personality : Personality robust (Dynamic)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Heart disease, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Heavy)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Vocation : Business : Insurance fields (Property-casualty underwriter)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Psychic/ Medium/ Spiritualist (Clairvoyant and medium)
- Vocation : Religion : Metaphysical (Spiritualist minister)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection