|Birthname||Kevin Michael Folta|
|born on||11 January 1967 at 07:26 (= 07:26 AM )|
|Place||Chicago, Illinois, 41n51, 87w39|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°38' 00°11 Asc. 21°35'|
American professor and chairman of the horticultural sciences department at the University of Florida. From 2007 to 2010 he helped lead the project to sequence the strawberry genome, and continues to research photomorphogenesis in plants and compounds responsible for flavour in strawberries. Folta has been active as a science communicator since 2002, especially relating to biotechnology. He has faced controversy over what his critics say are his industry connections. In 2017 he was elected as a fellow of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry.
In 2018, Folta sued The New York Times for defamation, following the Times' coverage of Folta's connections to agriculture companies. Folta's lawsuit was dismissed by the court in 2019.
He trained and competed in karate for many years, and he won a bronze medal in kumite (sparring) at the 2012 USA National Karate-do Federation national tournament (over 45 Masters division).
- Work : Great Achievement 1998 (PhD in molecular biology)
Sy Scholfield quotes Folta on Twitter: "1-11" (when asked "When's your bday?") , "I turn 50 soon" (posted 21 Dec 2016) , "Ok, you got me there. I was referring to time on the planet earth, that any moment is then, and not distributed over 24 hours. I was born at 7:26AM. Central Time. I wasn't born 24 times that day. You get it..." , "I’m in the thread. Born on Talcott Ave, Catalpa until ‘78. Then at Damen-Western & Grand 92-2000. I worked at 91st & Dan Ryan, 71st-Exchange, Madison& Cal during high school. Got some cred" (these are addresses in Chicago, Illinois) .
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD in molecular biology)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Karate)
- Vocation : Education : Administrator
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Science : Biology (Horticultural, molecular)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Leadership
- Notable : Famous : First in Field
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker