|Birthname||Joseph Ross Flummerfelt|
|born on||24 February 1937 at 02:25 (= 02:25 AM )|
|Place||Vincennes, Indiana, 38n41, 87w32|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°20' 23°38 Asc. 23°00'|
American conductor who taught at Westminster Choir College in Princeton, New Jersey for three decades. He was a co-founder of the Spoleto Festival USA in Charleston, South Carolina in 1977, and its director of choral activities from 1977 to 2013. He was also the chorus master of the Festival dei Due Mondi in Italy from 1971 to 1993. According to The New York Times, he "played an outsize, if not always highly visible, role in American classical music." He died on 1 March 2019, aged 82, in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Music teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Other Entertain/Music (Chorus master)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Spoleto Festival USA)