|Birthname||Dick, Derek William|
|born on||25 April 1958 at 17:07 (= 5:07 PM )|
|Place||Edinburgh, Scotland, 55n57, 3w13|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°57' 19°39 Asc. 01°08'|
Scottish musician, a vocalist and songwriter, bombastic front-man with the progressive rock band "Marillion" from January 1981. The band had steady gigs, gaining a following until hitting the charts in late 1982. Their most successful album, "Misplaced Childhood" topped the charts the week of its release, June 1985. Fish lost his voice in September 1985 thru November, causing the band to cancel a 25-date concert tour. In September 1988, with his voice recovered, he announced his intention to pursue a solo career, leaving the band.
Fish arrived with his nickname by a landlady who accused him of wallowing in the bath like a fish as a youth.
- Work : Gain social status 1982 (Songs hit the charts, gain of popularity)
Frank Clifford quotes Caroline Gerard for B.C., British Entertainers 1997
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (International performances)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work alone/ Singular role (Solo work)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical group)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Nickname, Fish)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Marillion)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Vocalist, lead singer)