|Birthname||James Henderson Finlayson|
|born on||27 August 1887 at 22:50 (= 10:50 PM )|
|Place||Larbert, Scotland, 56n01, 3w50|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°18' 00°37 Asc. 24°48'|
Scottish-American actor of stage and film. Raised in an affluent home, he was sent to Edinburgh to the university where he was drawn to the stage. He appeared in several plays in Scotland, won a part in a play touring the U.S. and decided to stay in L.A, to try his hand in film, in 1916 when the troupe appeared there.
Finlayson became a regular player of full-length comedies from the early '20s and in 1923, joined Hal Roach for lead and supporting roles in numerous comedies. From the late '20s to the early '50s, Finlayson is best remembered with his appearances alongside Laurel and Hardy.
Finlayson died from a heart attack on 9 October 1953 in Los Angeles aged 66.
- Family : Change residence 1916 (Decided to stay in the U.S.)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1923 (Pro work with Hal Roach)
Frank C. Clifford quotes Caroline Gerard from B.C., British Entertainers, 1997; time zone and L & L from Frank's book.
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Worked with Laurel, Hardy and Hal Roach)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Scotland to U.S.)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theatre)