|born on||17 December 1894 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Boston, USA, 42n22, 71w04|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°28' 28°10 Asc. 16°26'|
American conductor most noted for his series of free outdoor concerts, the beloved Boston Pops.
After studying with his musician dad, he trained in Berlin and performed as a symphony pianist 1915-1930. He then took the position of second violinist and violist with the Boston Symphony. He organized a Boston Chamber Orchestra as Conductor in 1924 and began the Boston Pops in 1929.
Fiedler did not marry until he was 50 and then had three kids. Though his household was filled with music, it was a dark, gloomy and shabby house. He was a strict and impatient father, miserly and intimidating to his kids.
He died of heart failure 7/10/1979, Brookline, MA.
- parent->child relationship with Fiedler, Deborah (born 22 October 1947)
- parent->child relationship with Fiedler, Johanna (born 17 September 1945)
- Work : New Job 1915 (Symphony pianist 15 years)
- Work : New Job 1924 (Boston Chamber Orchestra)
- Work : Great Achievement 1929 (Founded the Boston Pops)
- Relationship : Marriage 1945 (Late marriage, age 50)
Frances McEvoy quotes him in 1959 and again, 1974
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Age 50)
- Family : Parenting : Abusive - Neglectful
- Family : Parenting : Hardship - Little money (Intimidating to his children, strict)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three after age 50)
- Family : Parenting : Parenting late more than 40 (Age 50+ when kids were born)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (Conductor of Boston Pops)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 84)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Product Marketing
- Vocation : Engineer : Mechanical
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor (Boston Pops)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Piano, viola, violin)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founded Boston Pops)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection