|Birthname||Marc Roger Ferro|
|born on||24 December 1924 at 20:00 (= 8:00 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°46' 13°53 Asc. 20°27'|
French historian born to an Ukrainian Jewish mother. He worked on early twentieth-century European history, specializing in the history of Russia and the USSR, as well as the history of cinema.
He was Director of Studies in Social Sciences at the École des hautes études en sciences sociales. He was a co-director of the French review Annales and co-editor of the Journal of Contemporary History.
He also directed and presented television documentaries on the rise of the Nazis, Lenin and the Russian revolution and on the representation of history in cinema. He died in St-Germain-en-Laye on 21 April 2021 at age 96.
Didier Geslain archive, 'Historiens' pdf file, p. 37.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 96)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Historian
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Notable : Awards : Other Awards (Legion of Honour)