|born on||18 December 1921 at 16:25 (= 4:25 PM )|
|Place||Bonito, Italy, 41n06, 15e00|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°12' 13°55 Asc. 25°30'|
Italian noted family as the wife of Salvatore Ferragamo, whom she married on 11/09/1940 when she was 18 and he, 42; six kids. She entered the family business in August 1960 on the death of her husband and became president. Despite the sudden call to the company, with the remarkable team spirit of her six kids and her late husband's collaborators, they picked up the business and succeeded in making it one of the most prosperous companies in its field.
As well as serving as President of the company, she is chairman of Moda Imports, Inc., and a board member of Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze. Wanda was awarded with the title of "International Woman of the Year" in 1982, the Knight of the Order of Labour Merit in 1987, Fashion Group Award from New York in 1991 and the Mary Ann Magnin Award in 1992. She is a member and executive of five associations.
In her spare time, Wanda Ferragamo enjoys gardening and interior decorating.
- spouse relationship with Ferragamo, Salvatore (born 5 June 1898)
- Work : Prize 1982 (International Woman of the Year)
- Work : Prize 1987 (Knight of the Order of Labour of Merit)
- Work : Prize 1991 (Fashion Group Award)
- Work : Prize 1992 (Mary Ann Magnin Award)
Bordoni quotes her in a letter to LMR 9/1992. Wanda Ferragamo herself gave this date though her B.C. gives December 23, 1921. She said that the B.C. was registered five days late.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (From 1940)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Husband 24 years older)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Ferragamo Salvatore)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Husband died)
- Family : Parenting : Extraordinarily nurturing (Very close family)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Interior decorating)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Gardening)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (President and CEO)
- Notable : Awards : Knighted
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Numerous)