Fernando VII, King of Spain
|Birthname||Fernando Maria Francisco de Paula|
|born on||14 October 1784 at 09:45 (= 09:45 AM )|
|Place||Madrid, Spain, 40n24, 3w41|
|Timezone||LMT m3w41 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°42' 22°21 Asc. 03°01'|
Spanish royalty, twice King of Spain: in 1808 and again from 1813 to his death on 29 September 1833. He was known to his supporters as "the Desired" (el Deseado) and to his detractors as the "Felon King" (el Rey Felón).
Fernando VII was the eldest surviving child of the future King Carlos IV of Spain and Maria Luisa of Parma. He was married four times; three children. His first wife was his niece Maria Isabel of Portugal who died giving birth to a stillborn daughter.
After being overthrown by Napoleon in 1808 he linked his monarchy to counter-revolution and reactionary policies that produced a deep rift in Spain between his forces on the right and liberals on the left. He reestablished the absolutist monarchy and rejected the liberal constitution of 1812. He suppressed the liberal press 1814-33 and jailed many of its editors and writers. Spain plunged into civil war upon his death.
- parent->child relationship with de Borbon, Luisa Fernanda (born 30 January 1832)
- parent->child relationship with Isabel II, Queen of Spain (born 10 October 1830)
- child->parent relationship with Carlos IV, King of Spain (born 11 November 1748)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Luisa of Parma, Queen of Spain (born 9 December 1751)
- spouse relationship with Maria Antonietta, Princess of Naples-Sicily (born 14 December 1784). Notes: 1802-1806
- spouse relationship with Maria Isabel, Queen Consort of Spain (born 19 May 1797). Notes: 1816-1818
- sibling relationship with Carlos of Spain, Count of Molina (born 29 March 1788)
- sibling relationship with Carlota Joaquina of Spain (born 25 April 1775)
- sibling relationship with Felipe María, Infante of Spain (born 28 March 1792)
- sibling relationship with Felipe, Infante of Spain (1783) (born 5 September 1783)
- sibling relationship with Francisco de Paula, Infante of Spain (born 10 March 1794)
- sibling relationship with María Amalia, Infanta of Spain (born 9 January 1779)
- sibling relationship with María Isabella, Queen of the Two Sicilies (born 6 July 1789)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "El Principado de Asturias : bosquejo histórico-documental" by Juan Pérez de Guzmán y Gallo (Editorial MAXTOR, 2011), p. 273: "En 14 de Octubre de 1784 nació, á las diez ménos cuarto de la mañana, el precioso Infante D. Fernando María Francisco de Paula..."
Translation: On 14 October 1784 at a quarter to ten o'clock in the morning was born Infante Fernando Maria Francisco de Paula...
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bourbon, Spain)