Ferdinando I, King of the Two Sicilies
|born on||12 January 1751 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Naples, Italy, 40n51, 14e17|
|Timezone||LMT m14e17 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°23' 05°23 Asc. 11°45'|
King of the Two Sicilies from 1816, after his restoration following victory in the Napoleonic Wars. Before that he had been, since 1759, Ferdinando IV of the Kingdom of Naples and Ferdinando III of the Kingdom of Sicily. He was deposed twice from the throne of Naples: once by the revolutionary Parthenopean Republic for six months in 1799 and again by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1805.
Ferdinando was the third son of King Carlos III of Spain, Naples and Sicily by his wife, Maria Amalia of Saxony. On 10 August 1759, Carlos succeeded his elder brother, Ferdinando VI, but treaty provisions made Carlos ineligible to hold all three crowns. On 6 October, he abdicated his Neapolitan and Sicilian titles in favour of his third son, because his eldest son, Felipe had been excluded from succession and his second son, Carlos, was heir to the Spanish throne. Ferdinando was the founder of the cadet House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies.
On 7 April 1768, by proxy, he married Archduchess Maria Carolina, daughter of Empress Maria Theresa. They had eighteen children. Maria Carolina died on 8 September 1814.
On 27 November 1814, he married Lucia Migliaccio.
He died on 4 January 1825, aged 73, in Naples.
- parent->child relationship with Carlo, Duke of Calabria (born 4 January 1775)
- parent->child relationship with Francesco I, King of the Two Sicilies (born 19 August 1777)
- parent->child relationship with Gennaro, Prince of Naples and Sicily (born 12 April 1780)
- parent->child relationship with Leopoldo, Prince of Salerno (born 2 July 1790)
- parent->child relationship with Luisa Maria, Grand Duchess of Tuscany (born 27 July 1773)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Amalia, Queen Consort of the French (born 26 April 1782)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Anna, Princess of Naples and Sicily (born 23 November 1775)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Antonietta, Princess of Naples-Sicily (born 14 December 1784)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Cristina Amelia, Princess of Naples-Sicily (born 17 January 1779)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Cristina, Queen Consort of Sardinia (born 17 January 1779)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Henrietta, Princess of Naples and Sicily (born 31 July 1787)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Teresa, Holy Roman Empress (born 6 June 1772)
- child->parent relationship with Carlos III, King of Spain (born 20 January 1716)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Amalia, Queen Consort of Spain (born 24 November 1724)
- spouse relationship with Maria Carolina, Queen of Naples and Sicily (born 13 August 1752). Notes: 1768-1814
- sibling relationship with Carlos IV, King of Spain (born 11 November 1748)
- sibling relationship with Felipe, Duke of Calabria (born 13 June 1747)
- sibling relationship with Gabriel, Infante of Spain (born 11 May 1752)
- sibling relationship with Maria Luisa, Holy Roman Empress (born 24 November 1745)
- role played of/by Schünzel, Reinhold (born 7 November 1888). Notes: 1921 film "Lady Hamilton"
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 10 Feb. 1751, p. 2: "Aus Italien. Neapel 12. Jan. .... Heute Nacht gegen 9. Uhr ist unsere Königin mit einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden, und diesem in der Heil. Tauffe darauf der Name Ferdinand beygelegt worden." (From Italy. Naples, 12th of January .... Tonight, at about 9 o'clock, our queen was happily delivered of a prince; baptised with the name Ferdinand).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Eighteen)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies)