Ferdinand Karl, Archduke of Austria-Este
|Birthname||Ferdinand Karl Viktor, Erzherzog von Österreich-Es|
|born on||20 July 1821 at 15:30 (= 3:30 PM )|
|Place||Modena, Italy, 44n40, 10e55|
|Timezone||LMT m10e55 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||27°28' 08°01 Asc. 01°07'|
Modenesi prince by birth and Archduke of Austria-Este by marriage. He was the second son of Francis IV of Modena and his wife Maria Beatrice of Savoy. Ferdinand married Archduchess Elisabeth Franziska of Austria, daughter of Archduke Josef Anton of Austria, on 4 December 1846 in the Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna. Elisabeth and Ferdinand had one daughter, Maria Theresa of Austria-Este (1849–1919), who became the last Queen of Bavaria. Ferdinand, who was a Feldmarschalleutnant (Austrian "two stars" general rank), died at Brno on 15 December 1849 at the age of 28 from typhus.
- parent->child relationship with Marie Therese, Queen Consort of Bavaria (born 2 July 1849)
- spouse relationship with Elisabeth Franziska, Archduchess of Austria (1831) (born 17 January 1831). Notes: 1847-1849
- sibling relationship with Maria Beatrix, Archduchess of Austria-Este (born 13 February 1824)
Sy Scholfield quotes Der Oesterreichische Beobachter [The Austrian Observer], 5 August 1821, p. 1002: "Herzogthum Modena ... am 20. Juli um 3½ Uhr Nachmittags."
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Died age 28)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Feldmarschalleutnant)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Este)