Ferdinand IV, King of the Romans
|born on||8 September 1633 (greg.) at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e2223|
|Timezone||LMT m16e2223 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°29' 06°50 Asc. 06°58'|
King of the Romans from 1653; the eldest son of Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor, and his first wife, María Ana of Spain. He was made King of Bohemia in 1646 and King of Hungary in 1647, the latter coronation taking place on June 16 in Pressburg. He was elected King of the Romans (heir to the Holy Roman Empire), on 31 May 1653, and crowned at Ratisbon (Regensburg) on 18 June of the same year. He died on 9 July 1654 of smallpox in Vienna, predeceasing his father and leaving his younger brother, Leopold, as heir apparent.
- child->parent relationship with Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor (born 13 July 1608 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Eleonore of Austria, Queen Consort of Poland (born 21 May 1653 Jul.Cal. (31 May 1653 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand Joseph Alois, Archduke of Austria (born 11 February 1657 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Karl Joseph, Archduke of Austria (1649) (born 7 August 1649 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Philipp August, Archduke of Austria (born 15 July 1637 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Therese Maria Josepha, Archduchess of Austria (born 27 March 1652 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Die Kaisergruft bei den Kapuzinern in Wien" by Cölestin Wolfsgruber (Vienna, 1887), p. 104: "Römischer König Ferdinand IV ... geb. 8. September 1633 ... gegen 2 Uhr fruh. Schönleben, I. c. 282."
Translation: Roman king Ferdinand IV ... born 8 September 1633 ... toward 2 o'clock in the morning. Schönleben, I. c. 282.
Note: the source seems to refer to a book by Johann Ludwig Schönleben which Scholfield has not been able to locate.
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never married)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Died aged 20)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg)