Ferdinand, Duke of Bavaria
|born on||20 January 1550 Jul.Cal. (30 Jan 1550 greg.) at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Landshut, Germany, 48n33, 12e09|
|Timezone||LMT m12e09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°50' 04°45 Asc. 01°37'|
Bavarian nobility. As the second surviving son of Albert V, Duke of Bavaria, and his wife Archduchess Anna of Austria, he consequently was prepared for a military career. Ferdinand is also known for the two extraordinary diaries he kept, one as fifteen-year-old boy on a journey from Munich to Florence, for his aunt's wedding, and a second journey to Florence, this time as young and experienced man of affairs. Ferdinand made a morganatic marriage with Maria Pettenbeck on 26 September 1588. The 16 children of this marriage were raised to the status of Counts and Countesses of Wartenberg. Ferdinand died on 30 January 1608 in Munich, at the age of 58.
- sibling relationship with Ernst of Bavaria, Elector of Cologne (born 17 December 1554 Jul.Cal. (27 Dec 1554 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Anna of Bavaria, Archduchess Consort of Aust (born 21 March 1551 Jul.Cal. (31 Mar 1551 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maximiliana Maria, Princess of Bavaria (born 3 July 1552 Jul.Cal. (13 July 1552 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm V, Duke of Bavaria (born 29 September 1548 Jul.Cal. (9 Oct 1548 greg.))
- Death, Cause unspecified 30 January 1608 Jul.Cal. (9 Feb 1608 greg.) (Age 58)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes "Kurzgefaßte Geschichte der Herzoge von Bayern von Herzog Otto dem Großen von Wittelsbach an bis auf gegenwärtige Zeiten: Mit nöthigen Beylagen" by Joseph Anton Aettenkhover (Montag, 1767), p. 96: "Ferdinandum, welcher den 19. Jenner 1550. Morgens zwischen 5. und 6. Uhr zu Landshut gebohren..."
Translation: Ferdinand was born 19 January 1550 in the morning between 5 and 6 o'clock in Landshut...
- Vocation : Writers : Other Writers (Diarist)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)