Fast, Alvin Lewis
|Birthname||Fast, Alvin Ludwig|
|born on||29 December 1923 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Ceylon, Saskatchewan (CAN), 49n28, 104w36|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°49' 20°13 Asc. 16°38'|
American film maker and promoter of beauty contests and talent shows, a screenwriter and minor journalist writing for The Hollywood Reporter.
Raised on the Canadian prairie, he left home at 16, hitchhiking with his brother into the U.S. He joined the American Marines in 1942 and served for three years in the South Pacific, learning to kill instead of shaping teenage goals.
On the G.I. bill, he majored in English literature at Stanford University, CA. Due to his brilliant studies, short stories and poetry, upon graduation he was offered a professorship. His interest lay more in glamour than academia, and he moved south to Hollywood.
For the next 45 years, Fast promoted shows, wrote and produced documentaries and features, and played in the show biz scene. With an optimistic zest for life, he savored both the sensual and the intellectual experience. He made exploitation films, sex, horror and violence just short of an "R" rating, including "The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant," "Satan's Cheerleaders," "Brothers," "Hard-Rock Tunnel," and "Death Trap."
Fast married Dorothy King in 1946; one daughter, Lahna; divorced. He married Ruth Weiss in 1965; one daughter, Alexis; divorced.
While at the Cannes film festival, 1991, he began to feel tired and unwell. Over the next six months he lost up to ten pounds a month and was diagnosed with lung cancer in August. He closed out his business, sold everything, and moved in with his sister in November. He died 2/08/1992, c. 7:15 AM, Redlands, CA.
- business associate/partner relationship with Clark, Greydon (born 7 February 1943)
- business associate/partner relationship with Lee, Sheldon (born 1 April 1941)
- sibling relationship with Rodden, Lois M. (born 22 May 1928)
- Social : Joined group 1942 (Marines)
- Relationship : Marriage 1946 (Dottie King)
- Health : Chronic illness 1991 (Feeling unwell, losing weight)
- Death by Disease 8 February 1997 at 07:15 AM in Redlands, Ca (Lung cancer, peaceful end)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes his mom for "shortly before daybreak."
- Traits : Body : Constitution hardy (Seldom ill, ate and drank everything)
- Traits : Body : Hair (Balding by 40)
- Traits : Body : Handedness (Right)
- Traits : Mind : I.Q. high/ Mensa level (Mensa level: tested top tenth of one percent)
- Traits : Personality : Opportunist
- Traits : Personality : Optimist
- Traits : Personality : Personality robust
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Lung, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Took heart medicine to control palpitations)
- Family : Childhood : Family close (Very close to his mom)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Dad murdered)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of three; second son)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Consistently; liked young black and Asian girls)
- Family : Parenting : Abusive - Neglectful (Fairly indifferent father)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters, both ambitious and capable)
- Lifestyle : Work : Loves job (Loved Hollywood and show biz)
- Lifestyle : Work : Self-employed (Always)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work alone/ Singular role (Always solitary work or boss in the team)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work at Home more than 10 yrs (Always, seldom had an outside office)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance (Relative to half the price of a middle class house)
- Lifestyle : Financial : On the edge (Always short, in debt)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Tennis player)
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves (Never owned a home)
- Lifestyle : Home : Neighborhood (Apartments in city)
- Lifestyle : Home : Same location lifetime (Hollywood for 45 years)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Hundreds of women; loved women and the game)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Atheist
- Personal : Birth : Labor short less than 3 hrs (Easy, fast birth)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Advertising (Produced and directed commercials)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Public relations (Promoted talent shows, beauty pageants)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer (Wrote the book for musical Our Town)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Documentaries, features, shorts)
- Vocation : Military : Combat (South Pacific, WW II)
- Vocation : Military : Honors (Battle ribbons)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WW II)
- Vocation : Sports : Games - Bridge/ Chess/ Other (Social Bridge)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist (Hollywood Reporter)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Screenwriter)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Motivating/Selling (Skilled at hyperbole)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Social skills (Could fit in anywhere)