|born on||17 June 1845|
|Place||Aosta, Italy, 45n44, 7e20|
|Timezone||LMT m7e20 (is local mean time)|
Swiss smuggler, counterfeiter, philanderer and legend of the canton of Valais (Wallis), known as Robin des bois des Alpes (the "Robin Hood of the Alps") or Robin des Bois suisse (the "Swiss Robin Hood"). In 2017, the canton of Valais released a local currency, the farinet, which is named after him.
With the assistance of colleagues he produced 40,000 twenty-centimes Swiss coins in 1850 and gave many of them to poor people. He served several sentences in prison but escaped with outside help. He was popular, charming and loved women.
He died on 17 April 1880 at age 34 in a gorge near Saillon, his body found with a fractured skull. Today, Saillon has a Museum of Counterfeit Money - the Maison Farinet for tourists.
Charles-Ferdinand Ramuz wrote a book about him, Farinet et la Fausse-Monnaie (1932). Max Haufler's 1939 film, Farinet ou l'Or dans la montagne, features Jean-Louis Barrault in the role of Farinet. In Yvan Butler's 1995 TV film, Farinet, héros et hors la loi, based on the novel by Ramuz, Stéphane Freiss plays the lead role.
- compare to chart of Historic: Currencies: Le Farinet (born 13 May 2017)
- compare to chart of Matter, Bernhart (born 21 February 1821). Notes: Also generous and criminal
- compare to chart of Ramuz, Charles Ferdinand (born 24 September 1878). Notes: Author of "Farinet et la Fausse-Monnaie"
- role played of/by Barrault, Jean-Louis (born 8 September 1910). Notes: 1939 film, "Farinet ou l'Or dans la montagne"
- role played of/by Freiss, Stéphane (born 22 November 1960). Notes: 1995 TV film, "Farinet, héros et hors la loi"
- Death, Mysterious 17 April 1880 (Fractured skull, age 34)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Other Financial 13 May 2017 at 1:13 PM in Martigny (Currency:"Le Farinet")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
RTS,wikipedia,"Für Freude am Leben"(2019)
- Traits : Personality : Charismatic
- Traits : Personality : Courageous
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Fractured skull)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gambler
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Philanderer)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Civil/ Political (Money counterfeiter)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence
- Personal : Death : Unusual (Fractured skull)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Making Money