|Birthname||Russell H. Fairchild|
|born on||19 February 1947 at 07:48 (= 07:48 AM )|
|Place||Sunbury, Pennsylvania, 40n52, 76w48|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°02' 12°17 Asc. 19°16'|
American Republican politician and former member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives (1989-2010), who has seen several of his bills become law. These include Act 69 of 2005, that makes it illegal to take voyeuristic or "upskirting" photos and post them on the Internet. He also authored Ashley's Law, which requires school districts to set a policy allowing students with disabilities to be able to participate in high school commencement ceremonies, and two new laws to improve the privacy of Social Security numbers.
After college, he served in the U.S. Army and in Vietnam as an infantry platoon leader. Upon his return home in 1969, he started a heavy construction business with his brother in Winfield. He served as president of the company until his election to the House.
Fairchild is a recipient of the Bronze Star Medal and other combat citations for his Vietnam service. He is a member of the American Legion, an honorary member of the Military Order of Purple Heart, a lifetime member of the VFW and the Veterans of the Vietnam War.
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth notice, The Daily Item (Sunbury, Pennsylvania), 20 February 1947, page 18, born at Sunbury Community Hospital.
- Vocation : Building Trades : Construction work
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Military : Honors
- Vocation : Military : Military service (U.S. Army, Vietnam War)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Republican)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office