|born on||15 September 1872 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Zdunska Wola, Poland, 51n36, 18e57|
|Timezone||LMT m18e57 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°35' 24°07 Asc. 15°31'|
Polish-born American businessman, the founder of cosmetics giant Max Factor & Company. He largely developed the modern cosmetics industry and popularised the term 'make-up' in noun form based on the verb. With this major achievement to his credit, Max Factor became the authority on cosmetics for film making.
He is also known for doing makeovers for starlets and giving them their signature looks; his most iconic works include Jean Harlow's platinum hair, Clara Bow's bob, Lucille Ball's false lashes and red curls, and Joan Crawford's "Hunter's Bow", or overdrawn lips.
The Academy of Motion Picture, Arts, and Sciences presented Max Factor with an honorary Academy Award in 1929 for his contributions to the film industry. Additionally, Max Factor is honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Max Factor is mentioned in the classic song, "Hooray For Hollywood." In a reference to his creation of Clara Bow's heart-shaped lips, the song states, "To be an actor / See Mr. Factor / He'll make your pucker look good!"
He died on 30 August 1938 at age 60 in Beverly Hills, California.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Vocation : Beauty : Personal care provider (Make-up artist)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Other Entertain/Bus (Cosmetics for filmmaking)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame)
- Notable : Awards : Other Awards (Honorary Academy Award)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Modern cosmetics)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Legendary make-up artist)