Evans, George Bird
|Birthname||George Washington Evans Jr|
|born on||28 December 1906 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Uniontown (Fayette County), Pennsylvania, 39n54, 79w44|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°39' 08°42 Asc. 24°48'|
American author, artist, dog breeder, and sportsman, whose most notable contributions are in the area of upland gunning with English Setters. Over the course of his career, Evans authored over two dozen books and several hundred magazine articles on this subject, becoming one of the world's foremost authorities on upland gunning and bird dogs.
Evans' career also included success as an artist, providing illustrations for Cosmopolitan, American, Woman's Home Companion, and Redbook.
As a dog breeder, Evans created the Old Hemlock line of English Setters whose progeny continue to be prized by hunters across the United States for their bird hunting abilities.
He died on 5 May 1998, aged 91, in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 91)
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Vocation : Misc. : Animal Breeder/Trainer (Dogs)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Old Hemlock line of English Setters)