Eugénie, Princess of Sweden and Norway
|Birthname||Charlotta Eugenia Augusta Amalia Albertina|
|born on||24 April 1830 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||LMT m18e03 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°27' 20°13 Asc. 24°08'|
Princess of Sweden and Norway, a member of the Royal House of Bernadotte, and a dilettante artist, composer and philanthropist.
Eugénie was born to King Oscar I of Sweden and Josephine of Leuchtenberg as their 4th and second last child and only daughter. She was named after her maternal grandfather, Eugen of Leuchtenberg.
She was regarded as quite pretty with regular features, beautiful hands and big, glowing dark eyes.
Princess Eugénie composed several songs and piano compositions. As a painter, she is known for her watercolor paintings of life at the royal court. As a sculptor, some of her designs were made into porcelain ornaments in Rörstrand and Gustavsberg. As a writer, Eugenie published the conventional Svenska prinsessor ("Swedish Princesses") in 1864. She also translated »Korsets skola» (The School of the Cross) by M. F. Roos from German.
She died unmarried on 23 April 1889, aged 58, in Stockholm Palace.
- child->parent relationship with Josefina, Queen of Sweden and Norway (born 14 March 1807)
- sibling relationship with August, Prince of Sweden and Norway (born 24 August 1831)
- sibling relationship with Carl XV, King of Sweden (born 3 May 1826)
- sibling relationship with Gustaf, Duke of Uppland (born 18 June 1827)
- sibling relationship with Oscar II, King of Sweden-Norway (born 21 January 1829)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Österreichischer Beobachter," 11 May 1830, p. 4: "Am 24. April Morgens um 5 Uhr ist Ihre königl. Hoheit die Kronprinzessinn von Schweden von einer Prinzessinn Tochter glücklich entbunden worden, welche in der heiligen Taufe die Namen Charlotte, Eugenie, Auguste, Amalie erhalten wird."
(On 24 April, at five o'clock in the morning, Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess of Sweden happily gave birth to a princess-daughter, who will receive the names of Charlotte, Eugenie, Auguste, Amalia in the holy baptism).
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter, sculptor)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Translator
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bernadotte)