Etchison, Dennis William
|born on||30 March 1943 at 15:10 (= 3:10 PM )|
|Place||Stockton, California, 37n57, 121w17|
|Timezone||PWT h7w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||09°20' 03°41 Asc. 18°30'|
American short story writer and scriptwriter, also the author of some horror fiction. He began writing before he was teenage, winning an essay prize at 12. His first sci-fi was published in 1961 along with fiction in a variety of magazines. He wrote a screenplay in 1969 that was never produced but it did lead to other screenplays. His horror stories include "The Night of the Eye," 1970 and "The Soft Wall," 1974.
He is a multi-award winner, having won the British Fantasy Award three times for fiction, and the World Fantasy Award for anthologies he edited.
He died on 28 May 2019, aged 76.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1961 (First sci-fi published)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1969 (Screenplay written)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1970 ("The Night of the Eye")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1974 ("The Soft Wall")
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Vocation : Writers : Sci-Fi/ Fantasy/ Horror (Short stories)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection