|Birthname||Simon Lamont Estes|
|born on||2 March 1938 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Centerville (Appanoose County), Iowa, 40n44, 92w52|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°13' 13°54 Asc. 01°21'|
American operatic bass-baritone of African-American descent who had a major international opera career beginning in the 1960s. He has sung at most of the world's major opera houses as well as in front of presidents, popes and internationally renowned figures and celebrities including Bill Clinton, Richard Nixon, Boris Yeltsin, Yasser Arafat, Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu. Notably, he was part of the first generation of black opera singers to achieve widespread success and is viewed as part of a group of performers who were instrumental in helping to break down the barriers of racial prejudice in the opera world.
More recently, Estes has turned his attention to the fight against HIV/AIDS. At the forefront of Artists for HIV/AIDS prevention and education, Estes leads a collective voice of artists, who through music and arts, seek to break down socio-economic barriers as well as the stigma associated with the disease.
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Traits : Body : Race (Black, African-American)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (One of five children)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three daughters)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Simon Estes Foundation)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Music teacher (Voice)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/Opera (Bass-baritone)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Simon Estes Foundation)