Ernst of Bavaria, Elector of Cologne
|born on||17 December 1554 Jul.Cal. (27 Dec 1554 greg.) at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Munich, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||LMT m11e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||05°27' 10°39 Asc. 04°00'|
Bavarian nobility. As the third son of Albert V, Duke of Bavaria, and Anna of Austria, he was destined for a clerical vocation. He was Prince-elector-archbishop of the Archbishopric of Cologne from 1583 to 1612 as successor of the expelled Gebhard Truchsess von Waldburg. He was also bishop of Münster, Hildesheim, Freising and Liège. He died on 17 February 1612.
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand, Duke of Bavaria (born 20 January 1550 Jul.Cal. (30 Jan 1550 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Anna of Bavaria, Archduchess Consort of Aust (born 21 March 1551 Jul.Cal. (31 Mar 1551 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maximiliana Maria, Princess of Bavaria (born 3 July 1552 Jul.Cal. (13 July 1552 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm V, Duke of Bavaria (born 29 September 1548 Jul.Cal. (9 Oct 1548 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Kurzgefaßte Geschichte der Herzoge von Bayern von Herzog Otto dem Großen von Wittelsbach an bis auf gegenwärtige Zeiten: Mit nöthigen Beylagen" by Joseph Anton Aettenkhover (Montag, 1767), p. 98: "Ernestum. Dieser Prinz wurde zu München gebohren am. 1554. den 17. Decemb. Abends gegen 4. uhr."
Translation: Ernest. This prince was born in Munich in 1554 on 17 Dec. in the evening at around 4 o'clock.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach, House of Habsburg)