Ernst II, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
|Birthname||Ernst Wilhelm Friedrich Karl Maximilian|
|born on||13 September 1863 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Langenburg, Germany, 49n15, 9e50|
|Timezone||LMT m9e50 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||20°16' 24°55 Asc. 06°31'|
German aristocrat and Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, he served as the Regent of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha during the minority of his wife’s cousin, Duke Charles Edward, from 1900 to 1905.
Ernst was the oldest of three children, and the only son, of Hermann, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, and Princess Leopoldine of Baden, daughter of Prince William of Baden. He was also the grand-nephew of Queen Victoria: i.e., his paternal great-grandmother was Victoria (of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, and later by her first marriage of Leiningen), the mother of Queen Victoria, and his grandmother was Feodora of Leiningen, Queen Victoria's half-sister.
He married the Queen's granddaughter, Princess Alexandra of Edinburgh, daughter of The Prince Alfred, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and Duke of Edinburgh and Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna, on 20 April 1896 at the Ehrenburg Palace (Schloss Ehrenburg) in Coburg, Germany. They had five children.
After Adolf Hitler came to power in 1933, Ernst joined his son (who had already entered in 1931) in the Nazi Party with the membership number of 3726902.
His wife, who suffered from various illnesses died in 1942. On 11 December 1950, Ernst died at the age 87 at Langenburg, Baden-Württemberg, in what was then West Germany.
- parent->child relationship with Gottfried, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (born 24 March 1897)
- child->parent relationship with Hermann, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (born 31 August 1832)
- child->parent relationship with Leopoldine, Princess of Baden (born 22 February 1837)
- spouse relationship with Alexandra, Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 1 September 1878). Notes: 1896-1942
- Relationship : Marriage 20 April 1896 (Princess Alexandra of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes news, Allgemeine Zeitung, 15 Sept 1863, page 12: "Langenburg, 13. Sept. Die Fürstin Leopoldine ... ist heute Nachmittag von einem Prinzen glucklich entbunden worden."
(Langenburg, 13. Sept. Princess Leopoldine ... was happily delivered this afternoon of a prince). A birth time of 3 PM is speculative.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (House of Hohenlohe-Langenburg)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 87)
- Vocation : Politics : Nazi party