Ernst, Prince of Saxe-Meiningen
|Birthname||Ernst Bernhard Victor Georg|
|born on||27 September 1859 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Meiningen, Germany, 50n34, 10e25|
|Timezone||LMT m10e25 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°46' 15°17 Asc. 27°20'|
German prince who was head of the house of Saxe-Meiningen from 1928 until his death.
He was born in Meiningen, the eldest son of the heir apparent to the duchy of Saxe-Meiningen, Prince Georg and his second wife, HSH Princess Feodora of Hohenlohe-Langenburg. His father succeeded to the throne in 1866. Ernst pursued a career in the army and retired as colonel in the Prussian cavalry.
Ernst was married, morganatically, in Munich on 20 September 1892, to Katharina Jensen, daughter of the painter Marie and the poet Wilhelm Jensen. Ernst and Katharina had six children.
When his older half-brother, the last reigning duke of Saxe-Meiningen, Bernhard III, died on 16 January 1928, Ernst succeeded him as head of the ducal house, but never reigned, since the monarchy was abolished at the end of World War I in 1918. Rather than his own son, Ernst's nephew Georg, Prince of Saxe-Meiningen, succeeded him as head of the house following his death on 29 December 1941 at Schloss Altenstein.
- child->parent relationship with Georg II, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (born 2 April 1826)
- sibling relationship with Bernhard III, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (born 1 April 1851). Notes: Half-brothers
- sibling relationship with Friedrich, Prince of Saxe-Meiningen (born 12 October 1861)
- sibling relationship with Georg Albrecht, Prince of Saxe-Meiningen (born 12 April 1852). Notes: Half-brothers
- sibling relationship with Maria Elisabeth, Princess of Saxe-Meiningen (born 23 September 1853). Notes: Half-siblings
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 1 October 1859, p. 2: "Meiningen, 27. September. So eben, Mittags um 11 Uhr, wird die glückliche Entbindung Ihrer Hoheit der Frau Erbprinzessin (geborene Prinzessin von Hohenlohe-Langenburg) von einem Prinzen verkündet."
Translation: Meiningen, 27 September. Just at eleven o'clock noon, the happy confinement of her majesty the Princess (born Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg) of a prince, was proclaimed.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Meiningen)