Erik, Count of Rosenborg
|Birthname||Erik Frederik Christian Alexander|
|born on||8 November 1890 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Copenhagen, Denmark, 55n40, 12e35|
|Timezone||CMT m12e35 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°01' 27°37 Asc. 07°59'|
Danish prince, as a son of Prince Valdemar of Denmark and Princess Marie of Orléans. Erik renounced his rights to the throne when he chose to take a commoner as wife, marrying in Ottawa, Ontario, on 11 February 1924 Lois Frances Booth (1897-1941). With the king's permission, he took the title "Prince Erik Count of Rosenborg", and retained his right to the style of Highness, while forfeiting that of Royal Highness. The couple had two children. Prince Erik died in Copenhagen on 10 September 1950, aged 59.
- child->parent relationship with Marie, Princess of Orléans (born 13 January 1865)
- child->parent relationship with Valdemar, Prince of Denmark (born 27 October 1858)
- sibling relationship with Aage, Count of Rosenborg (born 10 June 1887)
- sibling relationship with Axel, Prince of Denmark (born 12 August 1888)
- sibling relationship with Margrethe, Princess of Denmark (born 17 September 1895)
- sibling relationship with Viggo, Count of Rosenborg (born 25 December 1893)
- Death of Mate 1941 (Lois Frances Booth)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Börsen-Halle, 9 November 1890, p. 1: "Kopenhagen, den 8. November. (R T)... Die Prinzessin Waldemar ist heute Mittag von einem Mädchen entbunden worden."
(Copenhagen, 8 November. (R T) ... The Princess Waldemar was delivered today at noon of a girl). Clearly "Mädchen" (girl) is a misprint.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Glücksburg, Denmark)