Entertainment: The Jetsons
|Birthname||Animated TV series|
|born on||23 September 1962 at 19:30 (= 7:30 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w00|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||00°27' 07°22 Asc. 18°35'|
American animated sitcom produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions which originally aired in prime time from 23 September 1962 to 17 March 1963 on ABC, then later aired in reruns via syndication. New episodes were produced from 1985 to 1987 as part of The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera block. It was Hanna-Barbera's Space Age counterpart to The Flintstones.
While the Flintstones lived in a world which was a comical version of the Stone Age, with machines powered by birds and dinosaurs, the Jetsons live in a comical version of a century in the future, with elaborate robotic contraptions, aliens, holograms, and whimsical inventions.
The Jetsons debuted as the first program broadcast in colour on ABC. In contrast, The Flintstones, while always produced in colour, was broadcast in black-and-white for its first two seasons.
The 1990 film Jetsons: The Movie served as the series finale to the television show. Twenty-seven years later, a new direct-to-video animated movie, The Jetsons & WWE: Robo-WrestleMania!, was released in 2017.
- associate relationship with Blanc, Mel (born 30 May 1908). Notes: Voiced Cosmo Spacely, 1962-1963, 1985-1987, 1990
- associate relationship with Curtin, Hoyt (born 9 September 1922). Notes: Theme music composer
- associate relationship with Darwish, Tiffany (born 2 October 1971). Notes: Voiced Judy Jetson, 1990
- associate relationship with McKellar, Danica (born 3 January 1975). Notes: Voiced Judy Jetson in 2017 film
- associate relationship with Singleton, Penny (born 15 September 1908). Notes: Voiced Jane Jetson, 1962-1963, 1985-1987, 1990
- compare to chart of Entertainment: The Flintstones (born 30 September 1960)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Sunday TV," Daily News (New York, New York), 23 September 1962, pages 14, 15.
- Mundane : Misc. Mundane : Release dates (Animated TV series)