|born on||5 July 1989 at 21:30 (= 9:30 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w00|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||13°58' 18°45 Asc. 02°22'|
American television sitcom that ran for nine seasons on NBC, from 1989 to 1998. It was created by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld, with the latter starring as a fictionalized version of himself. Set predominantly in an apartment building in Manhattan's Upper West Side in New York City, the show features a handful of Jerry's friends and acquaintances, particularly best friend George Costanza (Jason Alexander), former girlfriend Elaine Benes (Julia Louis-Dreyfus), and neighbour across the hall Cosmo Kramer (Michael Richards). It is often described as being "a show about nothing", as many of its episodes are about the minutiae of daily life.
Seinfeld was produced by Castle Rock Entertainment. In syndication, the series has been distributed by Sony Pictures Television since 2002. A favourite among critics, the series led the Nielsen ratings in seasons six and nine, and finished among the top two (with NBC's ER) every year from 1994 to 1998.
Seinfeld is widely considered to be one of the greatest and most influential sitcoms ever made. It has been ranked among the best television shows of all time in publications such as Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, and TV Guide. The show's most renowned episodes include "The Chinese Restaurant", "The Parking Garage", and "The Contest". In 2013, the Writers Guild of America voted it the No. 2 Best Written TV Series of All Time (second to The Sopranos). E! named the series the "number 1 reason the '90s ruled", and quotes from numerous episodes have become catchphrases in popular culture.
- associate relationship with Alexander, Jason (born 23 September 1959). Notes: Played George Costanza, 1989-1998
- associate relationship with Cranston, Bryan (born 7 March 1956). Notes: Played Dr. Tim Whatley, 1994-1997, 5 episodes
- associate relationship with Louis-Dreyfus, Julia (born 13 January 1961). Notes: Played Elaine Benes, 1989-1998
- associate relationship with Richards, Michael (born 24 July 1949). Notes: Played Cosmo Kramer, 1989-1998
- associate relationship with Seinfeld, Jerry (born 29 April 1954). Notes: Played himself, 1989-1998
- associate relationship with Wolff, Jonathan (born 23 October 1958). Notes: Composed theme music
Sy Scholfield quotes from TV guide in New York Times, 5 July 1989, pp. C6 + C21.
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Mundane : Civic/Entertainment : Foundings
- Mundane : Misc. Mundane : Release dates